Sunday, 3 August 2014

On hold until after the big day and memories sparked...

The blog has had scant attention for a good few weeks and this will continue to be the case until early September, after WE HAVE MOVED!

Yes, a moving date was actually mentioned on Friday for the first time, but I will say nothing for fear of it being changed. For the past six weeks or so it has been a roller-coaster of a ride.

Having not moved since March 1980, we have not been prepared for how much more legalistic the process has become.  We have been busy packing books already and selling furniture on e-bay, plus de-cluttering, so please bear with me.

I have been asked if I will keep the parkviews blog name, given that we will no longer live in a house overlooking a park (Lenton Recreation Ground) when we finally move to Beeston and the answer is 'yes'.

I have reached the point where I am eager to be gone from Devonshire Promenade and in our new home. knowing that, as far as I am concerned, this will be it. At seventy I have no idea how many years remain, but I intend to enjoy them as best I can.

The other day it dawned on me that I will never again wake up to the Promenade being covered in snow. An all too rare experience since we bought the house in 1979 (it was six months before we moved in). Apart from memories of being in the park with four generations of my family all at the same time (which I never photographed) and the first week of every February, when we took a week's holiday at home (I will write a blog about it before too), it is the snow I will remember (and miss) the most*. So until I post again, two photographs. The top one is 2009 and the lower one is 2013.



*A FOOTNOTE OF SORTS. Until this moment all my community activity in Lenton had not entered my head as something I was leaving behind. I mention it because, apart from one final thing I want to do, Lenton is already behind me. A place I will remember with love and affection, but it is the past and the future beckons...



No comments: