Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Heritage bus routes in and around Nottingham

Today I have just written my next column for the Nottingham Post about public transport in and around Nottingham, which should be published mid-January and this has prompted me to create a new page, which is listed in the narrow column to the right of this one.

When I was growing up in Wembley, days out to places such as Kew Gardens, Hampton Court or Hampstead Heath were always by bus. It is a habit I have never lost and Nottingham is a great place to explore and discover the past by bus.

I plan to add published walks to my list as and when I find them. I have some of my own, but this is for another day. In the meantime, be amazed by just how much heritage you can reach by bus.



The Sherwood Arrow goes to Rufford Abbey and the Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre at Edwinstowe, plus a few other places as well.


The Rainbow 1 goes to Eastwood and the D H Lawrence Birthplace Museum…


…and the 35 takes you to Wollaton Park with its historic Tudor house, Nottingham Industrial Museum and the Yard Gallery.

I am also working on a map to accompany the information on my new page, which I hope to complete for the New year, so watch this space.

No comments: