Wednesday, 29 October 2008

A quick word

It's just over three weeks since I last posted a blog and a few of my regulars have been checking up on me. So, first of all a 'thank you' to you all. On the same day as my last post I took to my bed for thirty-six hours, suffering from what I thought to be a mild reaction to my 'flu jab a couple of days before. In fact, it was the beginnings of a bout of sciatica, which stayed with me until a couple of days ago and made concentration very difficult, as I found it uncomfortable to sit down for any length of time.

As a result I have got behind on local history and my blog. My routine activities of food shopping and cooking have been easier to keep up, as you do these things moving about. Towards the end of last week I started work on my planned replacement for this a blog – a website of the same name, which I hope to announce to the world shortly. The blog will still be there, plus a bit more about some of my other passions, so watch this space!

In the meantime, love to you all.

More than half a century after it was first produced, Russia is stopping production of the legendary Volga saloon. Once a symbol of stylish living and the preferred car of mid-level apparatchiki, the Volga has struggled to compete with the foreign cars which have flooded the automobile market since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. Production will end within two months.

No comments: